ANSYS and EPTA
Epta is a world leader in designing solutions for commercial refrigeration. Epta helps to satisfy the needs of demanding customers around the world, addressing critical issues for large-scale retail trade.
Engineering simulation allows Epta team to evaluate multiple refrigeration system designs and validate their performance under various working conditions.
Global engineering trends have created a demand for deep physical understanding that is bigger than ever before. Large simulation effort is thus required in order to efficiently deal with such challenging demand.
ANSYS® Fluent™, ANSYS CFD PrepPost , ANSYS HPC Pack™,
Gompute on Demand.
- The simulation of flow patterns, pressure drops and of the airflow thermal behavior in a refrigerated cabinet with 3D and transient analysis has been performed with ANSYS Fluent
- Hosting ANSYS Fluent on a Gompute cluster gives a “ready-to-go” and robust environment that allows investigations in a fast and convenient way, especially on production peaks.
- The split of CFD Prep/Post and solver activities gives to customer a flexible configuration to manage multiple projects in the same time.
- The new hosted solution resulted in a significant increase in flexibility on allocating computing resources, capacity and simulation speed, at a lower cost of ownership than building an internal cluster.
- The new capacity was launched much faster than securing internal hardware resources.
- The productivity of Epta engineers has improved, because they can remotely access a best-in-class HPC environment for CAE — including visualization, job submission and data management.
- Customer responsiveness and satisfaction have increased because of faster project turnaround.
- ANSYS works directly with Gompute to resolve any support cases, minimizing the involvement of EPTA’s engineering team components.
EPTA is a multinational Group providing the widest and most comprehensive range of solutions for commercial refrigeration, ensuring the supply, installation and maintenance of systems. It has a very strong and well balanced competitive position worldwide, in terms of geographic distribution and of business area coverage, thanks to its brands: Costan, Bonnet Névé, George Barker, Eurocryor, Misa and IARP.